MHS tennis coach, Christian Burns, will be taking over the MJHS tennis coaching duties as well. He is excited about the position and will be sending out information about the season soon. If you have any questions, feel free to email him at email@example.com
- MJHS tennis is open to all students enrolled in Maryville City Schools in grades 6th-8th.
- Tryout dates will be announced soon.
- The team is Coed. The best players will make the team regardless of gender. Only 7 players will officially play in each match (3 singles, two doubles teams). All others will play in “exhibition matches” if the other teams have players available. If not, our players will play against each other.
- Practices will be at the Maryville High School courts right after school. After our 1st match, practices will be every Mon. and Wed. from 3:45-5:00ish at Maryville High School. No practices or matches will be on Fri.-Sun. Matches will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Athletes must find their own transportation to the matches. Due to issues of safety, we will not be practicing or playing on wet courts.
- All athletes must fill out a: Concussion form, Medical Consent Form, and have a completed physical prior to our first match (if you make the team). Physicals must have been completed within one year of the beginning of the tennis season.
- There is a $25 participation fee.
- Tennis balls will be provided for practices and matches. You will need your own racket, a good pair of shoes and WATER. Athletes will also need to purchase a team shirt.
- If you have reached the age of 15 on or before August 4th, you are ineligible and cannot play.
- It is best to wear a cap or visor and shorts / skirt that have a pocket.